View Districts of Workforce Shortage (DWS), Inner/Outer Metro areas, ASGC Remoteness Areas (ASGC-RA 06) and associated information.View the Map
Your health care
Australia is rightly proud of its health statistics. The programs and initiatives in this section are aimed at maintaining and improving health services across regional Australia.
Programs directly targeted at improving your health care, from diagnostic imaging to immunisation.
see all general programs
- Diagnostic Imaging Locations
- Healthdirect Australia
- Hearing Services Program
- Home Medicine Review Rural Loading Allowance
- Immunisation clinics
- COAG Improving Access to Primary Care Services in Rural and Remote areas - s19(2) Exemptions Initiative
- Medical Specialist Outreach Assistance Program (MSOAP)
- Medical Specialist Outreach Assistance Program Maternity Services (MSOAP-MS)
- Medical Specialist Outreach Assistance Program (MSOAP) - Ophthalmology Services
- Pathology Funding Agreement
- Patient Assisted Travel Schemes
- Rural Primary Health Services (RPHS) program
- Rural Women’s GP Service (RWGPS)
- Surveillance - Torres Strait Health Protection Strategy-Mosquito control
- Torres Strait Health Protection Strategy - Saibai Island Primary Healthcare Clinic
- Visiting Optometrists Scheme
Programs that address Indigenous health issues, and aim to improve Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders health outcomes.
see all indigenous programs
- Closing the Gap - PBS Co-Payment Measure
- COAG Mental Health - Mental Health services in Rural and Remote Areas (MHSRRA)
- Expanding the Outreach and Service Capacity of Indigenous Health Organisations
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Aged Care Workforce Employment and Training Funding
- Medical Specialist Outreach Assistance Program - Indigenous Chronic Disease (MSOAP-ICD)
- Mobile Dental Services (Closing the Gap - Indigenous dental services in rural and regional areas)
- Mobile Outreach Service (MOS) Plus - NT Only
- NT Remote Health Workforce Child Abuse Training and Development
- Practice Nurse Incentive Program (PNIP)
- The Section 100 Support Allowance Program (Fifth Community Pharmacy Agreement)
- Substance Use - Combating Petrol Sniffing
- Substance Use (COAG 06/07)
- Remote Area Aboriginal Health Services Program (RAAHS)
Programs that contribute to building the capacity of the mental health system.
see all mental health programs
The Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing has an aged care specific website called Aged Care Australia (www.agedcareaustralia.gov.au).
This website offers information about aged care services and supports in your region. Aged Care Australia can assist you and your family to make informed decisions about aged care.
go to Aged Care Australia
You can also get information about aged care by calling 1800 200 422*.
*Freecall except from mobile phones.