View Districts of Workforce Shortage (DWS), Inner/Outer Metro areas, ASGC Remoteness Areas (ASGC-RA 06) and associated information.
View the Map
Stronger Futures in the NT - Health
What it doesThe Stronger Futures in the NT – Health initiative is a significant long-term investment that aims to improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians in the NT. Stronger Futures in the NT is implemented through a National Partnership Agreement between the Commonwealth and the NT government.
As announced in the 2014-15 Budget, Stronger Futures in the NT is being revised in collaboration with the Northern Territory Government to ensure funding is used to the greatest effect.
What it achievesThe Stronger futures in the NT – Health package includes:
- an integrated hearing health program for Indigenous children under 16 across the continuum of care;
- an integrated oral health program for Indigenous children under 16 across the continuum of care;
- child abuse trauma counselling and support services for Indigenous children under 18 and their families in remote communities;
- a Territory wide integrated and comprehensive primary health care system;
- continuing reform of the Aboriginal primary health care system;
- a short-term health professional placement program that supports the primary health care sector;
- additional alcohol and other drug workers in primary and other health care services; and
- access to high quality and healthy food in remote communities.