View Districts of Workforce Shortage (DWS), Inner/Outer Metro areas, ASGC Remoteness Areas (ASGC-RA 06) and associated information.
View the Map
Royal Flying Doctor Service
What it doesThe Australian Government funds the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) to provide ‘traditional’ services in rural and remote Australia, including:
- health care clinics
- primary aero-medical evacuations
- provision of medical chests
- remote consultations.
The RFDS provides traditional services through four Operational Sections. These are:
- South Eastern Section – servicing NSW, north east area of South Australia and south west area Queensland
- Queensland Section – servicing Queensland
- Central Operations – servicing South Australia and NT (south of Tennant Creek)
- Western Operations – servicing Western Australia.
In addition to traditional services, the Australian Government helps provide additional primary health care services to the Bass Strait islands.
Services are provided free-of-charge to all Australian residents.
What it achievesThe RFDS provides emergency aeromedical evacuations and other essential primary health care services for those who live, work or travel in remote and rural Australia.
Want more info?Call 02 8259 8100 for up to date information on when/where health services are provided
or Go to website>