View Districts of Workforce Shortage (DWS), Inner/Outer Metro areas, ASGC Remoteness Areas (ASGC-RA 06) and associated information.View the Map
Mersey Hospital Management and Operation
What it does
The Commonwealth owns the Mersey Community Hospital in Latrobe, and funds the Tasmanian Government to manage and operate the hospital.
Services provided by the hospital include:
- a high dependency unit
- 24 hour emergency service
- general and specialist medical services
- oncology services
- low risk obstetric and gynaecological services
- surgery and surgical specialties that can be safely performed at the hospital
- clinical support services such as pathology, radiology and pharmacy
- outpatient services
- palliative care
- geriatric support
- community and outreach services.
What it achieves
The Mersey Community Hospital has 100 beds and offers general and specialist health services to the region.