View Districts of Workforce Shortage (DWS), Inner/Outer Metro areas, ASGC Remoteness Areas (ASGC-RA 06) and associated information.
View the Map
Investment in Tasmanian Health - Improved Patient Transport
What it doesThe Commonwealth Government is investing $9.9 million to improve access to transport and accommodation services for Tasmanian patients.
Funding is being used for a range of projects including:
- lease and fit out of additional patient transport vehicles
- construction of an accommodation and Communications Centre for the Tasmanian Non Emergency Patient Transport Service
- purchase of IT equipment for the non-emergency patient transport service
- upgrades to the Spurr Wing Accommodation Complex in Launceston
- establishment of additional patient accommodation in the north-west
- provision of patient transport and lifting equipment for Wynyard Airport in Burnie
- upgrades for Queenstown Airport Air Strip to ensure safe patient transfers
- purchase of equipment for telehealth initiatives for rural and remote areas.