View Districts of Workforce Shortage (DWS), Inner/Outer Metro areas, ASGC Remoteness Areas (ASGC-RA 06) and associated information.
View the Map
What it does
The Commonwealth has provided $6 million as part of a $10 million package in partnership with the NSW Government to upgrade the Grafton Hospital.
Projects to be funded include:
- a 6 bed orthopaedic surgical ward, with expansion capacity; and
- a new medical imaging unit with CT scanning and X-ray service and the purchase of new equipment.
What it achieves
The project will
- support the treatment of elderly patients, and patients with chronic conditions who do not need emergency treatment
- improve the timely diagnosis of patients
- improve the operating theatre infrastructure for surgical procedures.